Buffalo Chicken Salad Wrap is a healthy twist on classic chicken salad! Flavorful chicken with buffalo sauce & fresh veggies. Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 3 SmartPoints!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good chicken salad. Right now I can literally taste La Madeleine’s chicken salad croissant sandwich! The perfect sandwich for lunch, or even dinner. Diced chicken, crunchy veggies, mixed with mayo… delicious! Chicken salad can be rather unhealthy, but my version is low fat and packed with flavor. Buffalo Chicken Salad Wrap are a unique twist on the beloved classic chicken salad and guilt free. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and each wrap is only 3 SmartPoints!!
My sweet grandmother, Momo, made the BEST CHICKEN SALAD EVER! Seriously. Each time she made it, everyone was excited because she didn’t make it often. Honestly, I think I asked her about 20 times what her recipe was but I still cannot remember the exact ingredients she used. Creamy, crunchy, and decadent. My Momo passed away last May and her food is a legacy. Every time I’m in the kitchen cooking, I feel she’s right there with me, making me laugh and telling me that I’m doing a good job. I could write a book about how her food and her love made an impact on me, but that’s for another time when I have the strength to write about her without having a complete emotional break down.
So, my chicken salad has the same concept of the classic chicken salad that you are used to seeing, but it’s healthified. Lately, I have been trying to see what types of recipes I can make-over and infused buffalo flavor into (maybe because it’s football season again!). While brainstorming on how to make chicken salad healthy, I decided to make-over the classic recipe using all the buffalo wing ingredients.
A quick and flavorful way to make chicken is to roast it in the oven. I like to do this on Sunday that way I have chicken breast on hand and readily available throughout the week. For this recipe, I made my Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. The chicken breast is cooked to perfection and packed with flavor.
The basic ingredients of chicken salad is mayo, celery, green onion, and mustard. Since this version is healthy, I used fat free Greek yogurt with a small amount of reduced fat mayo. To make this buffalo style, I added buffalo sauce (duh), celery, green onion, carrots, lemon juice, seasonings, and feta cheese. I’m not a huge fan of blue cheese, so I used feta cheese instead (you can totally use blue cheese if you want)! After all the ingredients are mixed, put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so the flavors can combined and incorporate together.
This salad wrap is a unique twist on classic chicken salad without the guilt. Flavorful chicken mixed with buffalo sauce and fresh veggies make for a great lunch or dinner idea. This would be a great meal prep recipe to make on Sunday to have for a quick lunch throughout the week!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Buffalo Chicken Salad Wrap
- 3 Cups Diced Oven Roasted Chicken Breast (Recipe link in notes section)
- ¼ Cup Celery, Chopped (About one celery stalk)
- 2 Leaves From Celery
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Carrots, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- ½ Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/8 Cup Reduced Fat Mayo
- 1/8 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 Low Carb Whole Wheat Wraps (I use Tumaros Low-In-Carb Wraps)
- Cook chicken according to Oven Roasted Chicken Breast recipe (Recipe link in notes section).
- Once chicken is cook enough to handle, dice into small pieces.
- Dice celery, celery leaves, green onions, and carrots.
- In large bowl, add diced chicken, celery, green onions, carrots, feta cheese, Greek yogurt, mayo, buffalo sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, lay a piece of lettuce flat. Scoop 1 cup of chicken salad into the center of the lettuce and smooth out with knife.
- Lay lettuce onto tortilla wrap and fold like a burrito.
Nutrition is based on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator. NUTRITION: Serves 4 – (3 SmartPoints Per Serving) CALORIES: 106 FAT: 9.1 SATURATED FAT: 1.3 CARBS: 13.1 FIBER: 7 SUGARS: 0 PROTEIN: 6.5
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!