Turkey Pizza Stuffed Peppers is Italian spiced turkey & tomato sauce stuffed into peppers, topped with cheese & pepperoni. Low carb, Weight Watchers friendly- 4 SmartPoints!
My Turkey Pizza Stuffed Peppers have all the delicious flavors of pepperoni pizza without the guilt. Italian spiced turkey and tomato sauce stuffed into bell peppers, topped with layers of cheese and pepperoni are the perfect low carb dinner! This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and each serving is 4 SmartPoints.
The base of these stuffed peppers is ground turkey. To a skillet, sauté onion and garlic then add ground turkey. Cook the turkey until browned, breaking up until small pieces.
Once the turkey is cooked, add tomato paste, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, and red pepper flakes. This is what gives the turkey that pizza flavor!! Remove the stem from the red bell pepper, gently remove the seeds and the membrane from instead the pepper, and then cut the pepper in half. Remove 4 times!
Lay the cut peppers into a casserole dish then spoon the turkey mixture into the peppers.
Spoon more tomato sauce on top of the turkey mixture then pour ½ cup of water into the bottom of the casserole dish, cover the dish with foil, and bake for 35 minutes or so until the skin of the peppers are tender. Adding water to the bottom of the dish helps the peppers to steam and cook faster.
Remove the casserole dish from the oven, sprinkle the top with ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni pieces, then more cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes then garnish with basil!
Turkey Pizza Stuffed Peppers have all the delicious flavors of pepperoni pizza without the guilt. Italian spiced turkey and tomato sauce stuffed into bell peppers, topped with layers of cheese and pepperoni are the perfect low carb dinner! Ready in under an hour. These make great left overs too! 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints for 1 whole pepper!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
To learn how to make Turkey Pizza Stuffed Peppers, watch this 60 second video:
Turkey Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- ½ Medium White Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 16 Slices Pepperoni, (I use Hormel Natural Choice Uncured Pepperoni)
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Pound 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 ½ Cup Canned Tomato Sauce, Divided
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes, (Reduce amount to make less spicy(
- 1 Cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil, For garnish
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Dice garlic and set aside.
- Cut pepperoni slices into 4 pieces and set aside.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut off stems of bell peppers and gently remove the seeds and membrane inside the peppers.
- Cut peppers in half and set into casserole dish.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté onion for 7 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic to skillet and sauté for 1 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until browned, breaking up into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and mix until well combined.
- Add Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce and mix until well combined. Let cook for 4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the red bell peppers in the casserole dish.
- Spread ½ cup tomato Sauce over top of turkey mixture.
- Pour ½ cup of water into the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover the casserole dish with foil
- Bake for 35 minutes until the pepper skins are slightly tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top of peppers, then layer
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese.
- Layer 8 pieces of pepperoni on top of the cheese, then sprinkle remainder cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil.
Looking for more Italian Inspired Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Pin this recipe for later!