Bacon Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Guilt free pizza with homemade garlic cream sauce! Easy to make, low fat, and cooks in under 20 minutes!
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup 2% Milk
- 1 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 14 Ounces Pre-made Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (I use Boboli)
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 Slices Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- ½ Cup Jarred Artichoke Hearts, Drained
- ½ Cup Crumbled Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
Garlic Sauce Directions:
Heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add diced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add flour and pepper and cook for 1 minutes, whisk constantly.
Slowly add milk and whisk constantly to make a roux.
Cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
Lay pizza crust on parchment paper and place onto a pizza tray.
Spread garlic sauce evenly over pizza.
Place spinach over sauce in an even layer.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over spinach in an even layer.
Evenly distribute diced chicken, bacon, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese on top.
Place pizza directly on oven rack and bake for 12 minutes.