Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers are the perfect meal for a backyard barbecue or a quick weeknight meal. Delicious blackened seasoning coated over grilled shrimp is healthy and packed with bold flavors. Made in under 30 minutes and perfect for a light dinner.
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp, (About 50 shrimp, peeled and deveined)
- 10 Wooden Skewers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- Lemon Wedges, For garnish
- Parsley, For garnish
2 ½ Teaspoons Blackening Seasoning or Homemade Blackening Season:
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika, (Or use regular Paprika)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, (Use ¼ teaspoon to make less spicy)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning, (I use Slap Yo Mama. Omit for less spicy)
Place wooden skewers into a large bowl of water and let soak for 10 minutes.
Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Add shrimp to large zip lock bag.
In bowl, mix blackening seasonings.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and seasoning to zip lock bag and shake to ensure shrimp are coated.
Place 5 shrimp on each skewer.
Heat cast iron grill or indoor grill pan on high heat for 2 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to grill.
Place shrimp into grill and let cook for 3 minutes.
Flip with tongs and let cook 3 minutes.
Nutrition is based on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator.
NUTRITION: Serves 5, 10 Shrimp Per Serving- (1 SmartPoint Per Serving) CALORIES: 20 FAT: 2 SATURATED FAT: 0.2 CARBS: 0.4 FIBER: 0 SUGARS: 0 PROTEIN: 0