Strawberry Breakfast Oatmeal Bars are the perfect grab and go breakfast. Cinnamon oatmeal and strawberries baked topped with frosting. Weight Watcher friendly recipe- 7 SmartPoints!
My Strawberry Breakfast Oatmeal Bars are the perfect breakfast option when you are craving oatmeal and fresh fruit. Layers of delicious oatmeal and fresh strawberries baked and cut into bars are a great for a grab and go breakfast. Kid friendly, packed with tons of flavor, and healthy! This is a Weight Watcher friendly recipe and each bar is 7 SmartPoints.
These breakfast bars are easy to make and healthy; packed with delicious cinnamon flavor but not overly sweet. Instead of tons of butter, I used light butter mixed with Greek yogurt. The dough for these bars is a mix of quick rolled oats, wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, plus light butter and Greek yogurt. When mixing the batter, it will take on the form of a crumble like consistency.
The first layer of the oatmeal bars is half of the dough mixture. Once you press the dough into the bottom of the baking dish, the layer turns into a nice sturdy crust for the bars when it bakes.
The second layer is fresh strawberries mixed with cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. The combination of these ingredients makes the strawberries turn into a jam like consistency while they bake… delicious!!
The next layer is the remainder of the dough mixture. For this, I like to sprinkle the dough on top of the strawberries. Drizzle the top of the bars with frosting. The frosting takes the bars up a notch and adds a nice sweetness.
Strawberry Breakfast Oatmeal Bars are the perfect option for a grab and go breakfast. Packed with tons of flavor, and healthy! Make these bars ahead of time and will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Great for a busy week!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Strawberry Breakfast Oatmeal Bars
- 1 Cup Quick Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Light Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon 2% Milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Melt butter in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add butter and Greek yogurt to flour mixture and mix until well combined (will be clumpy).
- Put half dough into baking pan and gently press to make even layer.
- Dice strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries, white sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Spoon strawberries over crust in pan.
- Crumble the remaining dough over strawberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently pull out of the baking pan by pulling the parchment paper.
- Set on a baking wire rack to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over bars.
Looking for more Breakfast Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Pin this recipe for later!