Garlic Mashed Cauliflower is comfort food in a bowl! This recipe is easy to make, delicious, and guaranteed to please a crowd. Weight Watchers friendly- 1 SmartPoint!
Mashed potatoes are comfort in a bowl to me. I could eat mashed potatoes probably every day, but it really isn’t smart for my waist line. Whoever thought of replacing cauliflower with potatoes to make mashed “potatoes” is a genius! I’ve made mashed cauliflower a ton of ways, but the best way I’ve found is without using milk. That’s right, without milk! My Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe will be sure to satisfy your comfort food craving and it’s only 1 SmartPoint per serving.
Cauliflower is so underrated! Seriously, it tastes just like mashed potatoes and it’s SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOU! Cauliflower helps with weight loss, improves digestion, and so much more! There are tons of ways to swap in cauliflower into recipes and once you read more about how great and healthy cauliflower is for you, you’ll be using it a lot more!
I’ve made mashed cauliflower so many times but I was never able to really get the consistency the way I really wanted. After a few tries, I decided to only use sour cream and butter in the cauliflower and ditched the milk. It worked! The consistency is creamy, but not runny.
Another trick to making the cauliflower perfect is to use either a food processor or blender. Hand mixers and immersion blenders just don’t work! Trust me on this!
Comfort food in a bowl! A healthy yet delicious alternative to mashed potatoes. Creamy mashed cauliflower mixed with light sour cream, salt, and pepper topped with grated parmesan cheese. Low fat and low carb!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Watch this 60 second video for how to make Garlic Mashed Cauliflower:
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 Large Head of cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Light Butter, ( I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter or Smart Balance)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Sour Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Salt, To taste
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper, To taste
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Clean cauliflower and cut the center bottom to remove the stem and leaf parts.
- Dice cauliflower into chunks and put into a large pot. Fill pot with water to cover the cauliflower.
- Top with fresh cracked salt and pepper.
- Cover pot with lid and boil cauliflower for about 25 minutes until tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Add cauliflower, light butter, light sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor (or blender).
- Mix until all ingredients are combined and cauliflower is a creamy texture.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition is based on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator. NUTRITION: Serves 4, 1 Cup Per Serving- (1 SmartPoint Per Serving) CALORIES: 19 FAT: 1.7 SATURATED FAT: 0.7 CARBS: 0.3 FIBER: 0 SUGARS: 0 PROTEIN: 0.6
Looking for more Side Dish Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!