Feta Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect party appetizer or side dish. Mushrooms stuffed with spinach, garlic, & feta cheese. Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 1 SmartPoints!
My Feta Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer to serve at a get together, or for a side dish to any main meal. Easy to make, fun to eat, and perfect for the mushroom lover in your life! This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and one mushrooms is only 1 SmartPoint!!
For the stuffing, I chop up the stems of the mushrooms (they are great and shouldn’t go to waste!), sauté some baby spinach, and mix those ingredients with chopped parsley, chopped garlic, and feta cheese. To add a little heat, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes. Once the stuffing ingredients are mixed, pile the stuffing on top of each mushroom and gently press to make sure they are really stuffed. The mushrooms will bake for about 20 minutes. You can totally make these ahead because they taste good hot or at room temperature.
These are the perfect appetizer for your next party OR even as a side dish (which I will say that I serve these as a side dish often). So fun to eat, healthy, and packed with delicious ingredients. Your guests will be impressed with these small bites and will keep coming back for more!
I hope you enjoy these small bites of flavor!
Feta Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 Button Mushrooms, Washed and dried
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- ½ Cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- ½ Tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.
- Spray baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray and lay mushrooms flat with open side up.
- Finely dice parsley, garlic, and mushroom stems. Add ingredients to the bowl along with feta cheese and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté spinach until wilted then add to bowl with other ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop spinach mixture and fill each mushroom.
- Drizzle mushrooms with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until mushrooms are golden brown.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Click here for all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!