Lemon Feta Pesto Asparagus is the perfect side for any main meal! This recipe is easy to make and delicious. Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 2 SmartPoints!
Lemon Feta Pesto Asparagus are healthy, the PERFECT side dish for any meal. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and it’s 2 SmartPoints per serving!
No need to spend long hours in the kitchen with this one. You can cook the asparagus in the microwave. That’s right y’all…. In the MICROWAVE! To make asparagus in the microwave, place the trimmed asparagus on a microwave safe dish, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of water and olive oil. Microwave for 2-3 minutes and that’s it!
Pesto is super easy to make, especially because you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor. I was inspired to make this one because I had an abundance of parsley in the fridge. If you do not have parsley handy, substitute basil. It’s just a good!
Lemon Feta Pesto Asparagus are a great side dish if you need to whip up something quickly. The pesto is amazing on it’s own and really elevates the asparagus. Now I’m tempted to make just the pesto and spread it on bread… but I’ll save that for another day when I have some extra Weight Watcher points to use!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
2 SMARTPOINTS per serving
10 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ? Bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Walnuts
- ? Cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
- ½ Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Juice of Half Lemon
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until blended well. Add water to thin out.
- Store in fridge for 30 minutes before use.
- Cut the rough ends off. Place on microwave safe dish, cover with 2 tablespoons water, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the Lemon Feta Pesto and fresh grated Parmesan.
Pesto can be stored for 5-7 days and can also be frozen for future use!
Nutrition is based on the NEW Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator.
NUTRITION: Serves 2, 1 Tablespoon Pesto per serving - (2 SmartPoints Per Serving) CALORIES: 51 FAT: 5.4 SATURATED FAT: 0.9 CARBS: 0.2 FIBER: 0.1 SUGARS: 0 PROTEIN: 0.6
Looking for more Side Dish Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Pin this recipe for later!