My Turkey Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Gravy is comfort food in a bowl. Flavorful meatballs cooked in a decadent, yet healthy, creamy gravy served over a bed of rice. This is a Weight Watcher friendly recipe and each serving is 4 SmartPoints.
I love a good meatball and the meatballs in this recipe are delicious and easy to make! All you do is mix lean ground turkey, salt and pepper, Cajun seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Mix all ingredients until well combined, then form into 20 meatballs.
In a large skillet, sear each side of the meatballs for a few minutes then bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking in the oven, make the mushroom gravy. After you make your own cream of mushroom sauce, you will see just how easy it is! Melt light butter in a skillet, then add diced mushrooms and onions and cook for a 10 minutes. Once the onions are translucent, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Once the vegetables have cooked, add flour and cook for a few minutes. Slowly whisk in half & half and vegetable broth whisky vigorously to break up the clumps. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce to simmer to let the sauce thicken up. Once the meatballs have baked, add them to the sauce and cook for 10 minutes or so.
Turkey Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Gravy is a nod to comfort food I grew up eating. Flavorful meatballs cooked in a decadent, yet healthy, creamy mushroom gravy and served on a bed of fluffy rice. Delicious, easy to make, and hearty! Weight Watchers friendly recipe and 4 SmartPoints for 5 meatballs plus sauce!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Turkey Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Gravy
- 1 Pound 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- Salt & Pepper, To taste
- ½ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning, (I use Slap Yo Mama)
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
Creamy Mushroom Gravy Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons Light Butter
- 8 Ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms
- ¼ Medium White Onion
- Salt & Pepper, To taste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Fat Free Half & Half
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and form meat into 20 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add one teaspoon olive oil and sear meatballs on each side for 5 minutes.
- Bake in oven at 450° for 12 minutes.
Creamy Mushroom Gravy:
- Dice mushrooms and set aside.
- Finely dice onion and set aside.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add flour, whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowing whisk in half and half & veggie broth and whisk until there are no more clumps. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer to let sauce thicken.
- Add meatballs to mushroom gravy and let cook for 20 minutes.
Looking for more Dinner Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
- Cookie Scoop to form meatballs
- Cutting Board
- Large Skillet with Lid
- Non-scratch cooking utensils
Pin this recipe for later!