Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken is perfectly seasoned chicken breast baked with fresh lemon juice, artichoke hearts, and topped with feta cheese in under 30 minutes! Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 2 SmartPoints!
Have you ever cooked with artichoke before? I love artichoke hearts and recently started to experiment with them. They have such a delicious flavor and great texture! My husband is a huge fan as well, so that makes experimenting with this vegetable that much more fun! My Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken is a delicious dinner perfect for a busy weeknight. Perfectly seasoned baked with fresh lemon juice, artichoke hearts, and topped with feta cheese in under 30 minutes! This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and each serving is 2 SmartPoints.
This recipe is so easy and perfect to make during a busy work week. Ready in under 30 minutes and packed with delicious flavor! To start, marinade chicken breast in the liquid from jarred artichoke hearts for at least 30 minutes in a ziplock bag, but the longer the better! After marinating, remove the chicken from the ziplock bag, set on a plate, and season both sides with Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic Seasoning. Be sure to rub the seasoning into the chicken!
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the chicken breast and sear each side for about 5 minutes or so. Searing the meat before baking intensifies the flavor! After the chicken has been seared, add vegetable broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, feta cheese, and diced artichoke hearts to the skillet.
Bake in the oven at 425° for 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
A delicious dinner perfect for a busy weeknight. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and each serving is 2 SmartPoints.
Serve with my Garlic Mashed Cauliflower!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Chicken Breast (3 Chicken Breast)
- 1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 6 Ounces Jarred Artichoke Hearts
- Zest of Half Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Feta Cheese
- Parsley, For Garnish (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Marinate chicken breast in liquid from jarred artichoke hearts for 30 minutes. After marinating, remove from zip lock bag, set on a plate, and season both sides of chicken with seasoning (rub into chicken).
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Add chicken breast and sear for 5 minutes. Once chicken is easily able to move, flip, and sear from another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Over the top of the chicken, add vegetable broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, feta cheese, and diced artichokes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Looking for more Dinner Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!