Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is the perfect addition to any Greek inspired meal without the guilt. This yogurt sauce is low fat and low carb packed with delicious flavors. Great as a dip or topped on seasoned grilled meat gyro wrap!
My Homemade Tzatziki is the perfect sauce for any Greek inspired dish. Great as a dip with pita bread, perfect as a salad dressing, or topped on delicious seasoned meat! All of the ingredients work so perfectly together to create an amazing sauce that is cool, refreshing, and soooo creamy. This sauce can easily be made into a guilt free version using fat free Greek yogurt, rather than full fat yogurt. Not only is this sauce easy on your waist line, but it’s simple to make!
Once you peel the cucumber, cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. A seedless cucumber would be ideal but sometimes they can be hard to find. After the seeds are removed from the cucumber, grate the cucumber then place into a small strainer/sieve over a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours up to overnight so that all the liquid from the cucumber is removed.
Remove the cucumber liquid from the bowl then add the grated cucumber, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, pepper, salt, Greek yogurt, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
The perfect addition to any Greek inspired meal without the guilt. The perfect addition to my Steak Gyro Wraps, Healthy Chicken Gyros, and Baked Feta Greek Fries.
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Medium Cucumber, (Seedless cucumber works best)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Dill
- ¾ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon juice
- Dash of Salt, To taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, To taste
- 1 ¼ Cup Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar, (or White Vinegar)
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
- Peel cucumber, cut off the ends, and cut lengthwise. If cucumber has seeds, scoop out seeds and discard.
- Grate cucumber then place in a kitchen strainer/sieve over a bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight to remove as much liquid as possible. Discard the liquid.
- To a bowl, mix grated cucumber, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, pepper, salt, Greek yogurt, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Looking for more Greek Inspired Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!