Easy Bean & Beef Tostadas are taco spiced beef & refried beans layered on a crispy tortilla topped with cheese & fresh Pico de Gallo. Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 6 SmartPoints!
One of my favorite things to make at home is tostadas. My Easy Bean & Beef Tostadas are a delicious and easy dinner made in under 30 minutes. Taco spiced ground beef and refried beans layered on top of a crispy tortilla. Topped with cheese and fresh Pico de Gallo! This is a Weight Watchers recipe and two tostadas are 6 SmartPoints.
These Easy Bean & Beef Tostadas are just that… easy to make! To start, sauté onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic in a medium skillet for 8 minutes until the onion is translucent. Next, add lean ground beef, breaking the beef into small pieces, and cook for 10 minutes until the beef is fully cooked. Add tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper and mix well. This is my basic taco meat recipe that I use for tostadas, enchiladas, and tacos!
After the meat has cooked, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low to keep warm. To make the tostada shells, preheat oven to 400°. Spray both sides of corn tortillas with cooking spray then lay onto a baking sheet. Bake the tortillas for 7 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the tortillas, then bake for another 7 minutes until tortillas are golden crisp. Once the tostada shells are cooked, it’s time to assemble the tostadas!
Spread two tablespoons refried beans on top of a tostada shell, add two tablespoons taco meat on top of beans and set aside. Spread two tablespoons refried beans on top of a tostada shell, add two tablespoons taco meat on top of beans and set on top of the other tostada shell. Sprinkle the top with one tablespoon of shredded cheese and garnish with pico de gallo. I like to spread a bit of guacamole and fat free Greek yogurt on the top too!
A delicious and easy dinner made in under 30 minutes. Taco spiced ground beef and refried beans layered on top of a crispy tortilla. Topped with cheese and fresh Pico de Gallo! Mexican food made easy at home!! Guaranteed to make anyone’s belly happy 🙂 . Weight Watchers friendly with 6 SmartPoints for two tostadas.
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Easy Bean & Beef Tostadas
- ½ Medium White Onion
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Seeds removed
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeds removed
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 ½ Pound 96% Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, (Omit to make less spicy)
- 12 Corn Tortillas, (I use Mission Ultra Thin Corn Tortillas)
- 1 ½ Cups Canned Fat Free Refried Beans
- ¾ Cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pico de Gallo, For Garnish (Recipe link in notes section)
- Guacamole, For Garnish
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and set aside.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add diced onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Sauté for 8 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, break up into small pieces, and cook for 10 minutes until meat is fully cooked.
- Add tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- After the meat has cooked, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Heat a small pot over medium low heat and add refried beans. Heat for 5 minutes or so until beans are warm.
- Make Pico de Gallo according to recipe instructions.
To Make Tostada Shell:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray tortillas with cooking spray on both sides.
- Lay tortillas on baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip over, and bake for another 7 minutes until golden crisp.
To Assemble Tostada:
- Spread 2 tablespoons refried beans onto a tostada and add 2 tablespoons ground beef on top of beans; set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons refried beans onto a tostada and add 2 tablespoons ground beef on top of beans. Place tostada on top of other tostada and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Garnish with Pico de Gallo.
Nutrition is based on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator. NUTRITION: Serves 6, 2 Tostadas Per Serving- (6 SmartPoints Per Serving) CALORIES: 267 FAT: 9.3 SATURATED FAT: 3.9 CARBS: 16.3 FIBER: 2.7 SUGARS: 2 PROTEIN: 30.3
Looking for more Mexican Inspired Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!