Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers are delicious blackened seasoning coated over grilled shrimp is healthy & packed with bold flavors. Weight Watchers friendly- 1 SmartPoint!
Can you believe that summer is just around the corner? For some of you, it already feels like summer. I love grilling fish in the summer, it just feels right! My Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers are the perfect meal for a backyard barbecue or a quick weeknight meal. Delicious blackened seasoning coated over grilled shrimp is healthy and packed with bold flavors. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and each serving is only 1 SmartPoint!
This recipe is so easy to follow and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, which is kind of amazing. To start, soak 10 wooden skewers in a casserole dish (or large ziplock bag) for 10 minutes.
This recipe calls for homemade blackening seasoning. You can totally buy your own, but I recommend making your own! In a small bowl, mix smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, ground black pepper, ground white pepper, cayenne pepper, dried cumin, dried oregano, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
Add one pound of large, thawed, peeled and deveined shrimp to a ziplock bag plus olive oil and the homemade blackened seasonings. Shake the bag to coat the shrimp. Place 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer and set aside. Heat cast iron grill or indoor grill over high heat for 2 minutes. Brush olive oil over grill then add shrimp skewers. Cook on each side for 3 minutes.
Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers are the perfect meal for a backyard barbecue or a quick weeknight meal. Delicious blackened seasoning coated over grilled shrimp is healthy and packed with bold flavors. Made in under 30 minutes and perfect for a light dinner. I like to garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Serve with baked fries or Garlic Mashed Cauliflower for the ultimate dinner! Only 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoint for 10 shrimp!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Grilled Blackened Shrimp Skewers
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp, (About 50 shrimp, peeled and deveined)
- 10 Wooden Skewers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- Lemon Wedges, For garnish
- Parsley, For garnish
2 ½ Teaspoons Blackening Seasoning or Homemade Blackening Season:
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika, (Or use regular Paprika)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, (Use ¼ teaspoon to make less spicy)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning, (I use Slap Yo Mama. Omit for less spicy)
- Place wooden skewers into a large bowl of water and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Add shrimp to large zip lock bag.
- In bowl, mix blackening seasonings.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and seasoning to zip lock bag and shake to ensure shrimp are coated.
- Place 5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Heat cast iron grill or indoor grill pan on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to grill.
- Place shrimp into grill and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip with tongs and let cook 3 minutes.
Looking for more Seafood & Fish Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Pin this recipe for later!