Seared Brown Butter Lemon Scallops is a healthy scallop recipe that is decadent and easy to make. Great date night meal at home! Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 3 SmartPoints!
How many times have you gone to the grocery store and walked by the fish market without stopping? Well, the next time you do, STOP! One of my favorite fresh fish to get at the grocery store and make at home are scallops. Scallops are decadent, a little bit fancy, and really healthy. Seared Brown Butter Lemon Scallops are divine! This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and 3 SmartPoints for 4 scallops!!
The key to cooking scallops is to keep them warm after they have been cooked and to cook them in a medium to high pre-heated skillet. I recommend pre-heating the oven on the lowest temperature possible and put a baking dish in the oven. Next, heat up the skillet on medium to high heat for about 2 minutes. Once the skillet is heated up, add some butter then add the scallops. Cooking scallops at a high temperature and adding butter creates not only a perfect sear and crust to the fish, but also creates a creamy brown butter sauce. I always recommend cooking with a cast iron skillet, and this recipe is a great reason to buy one if you don’t have one already!
Once the scallops are seared on each side, remove them from the skillet and place in the baking dish in the oven. You will make the sauce in the same skillet! Just reduce the heat to medium low, add butter and once the butter is melted add the garlic. Cook the garlic for a few minutes, then add lemon and there you go… the sauce is done!
Decadent, flavorful and I guarantee once you make it, you will feel like you are getting a restaurant experience at home! If you want to really make this a full restaurant experience, serve the scallops with Chili Butter Acorn Squash or Garlic Mashed Cauliflower. Now that’s a delicious meal! Weight Watchers friendly recipe and 3 SmartPoints for 4 scallops!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!
Seared Brown Butter Lemon Scallops
- 8 Sea Scallops
- 2 Tablespoons Light Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- Pre-heat oven to 150°.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter in cast iron skillet to melt.
- Add scallops to skillet in a single layer into skillet.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Cut the lemon in half and sear in the skillet for 2 minutes. This will create a nice flavor to the lemon juice that you will use later.
- Remove scallops from skillet, place in on baking dish, and place in oven to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and garlic to skillet. Cook about 1 minute until butter is melted. Stir in lemon juice and add salt & pepper.
- Pour lemon butter sauce over scallops and garnish with parsley.
Looking for more Dinner Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!