Chicken Suiza Enchiladas are delicious shredded chicken enchiladas topped with creamy tomatillo salsa and cheese. Packed with flavor and Weight Watchers friendly recipe- 7 SmartPoints!
As a native Texan, basically all I want to eat every day is Mexican food. Enchiladas, fajitas, tacos, you name it! Mexican food is one of the easiest cuisines for me to cook because of how versatile the dishes can be, how creative I can be making the dishes, and it’s not too hard to make healthy versions of my favorite Mexican dishes. Currently, my favorite enchilada recipe is my Chicken Suiza Enchiladas. These enchiladas are cheesy and packed with flavor. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe and only 7 SmartPoints for TWO enchiladas!
The main ingredient in these enchiladas is shredded chicken. To get the most flavorful chicken, be sure to follow my recipe for Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken.
After the chicken has been cooked, it is juicy, packed with flavor and is easy to shred. If you aren’t able to make the shredded chicken in a crock pot, use rotisserie chicken!
The other main ingredient in these enchiladas is my Roasted Tomatillo Salsa. The salsa is easy, fresh, and addictive! I recommend getting Hatch Green Chili Enchilada Sauce if you are strapped for time.
Packed with flavor, cheese, and just the right amount of spice. I enjoy them even more by adding some fresh my Pico de Gallo and a few slices of avocado! Weight Watchers friendly recipe with 7 SmartPoints for two enchiladas!
I hope you enjoy these bites of flavor!!
Chicken Suiza Enchiladas
- 2 Cups Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken, (Recipe link in notes section)
- 1 ½ Cups Low Fat Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 10 White Corn Tortillas, (I prefer Mission Ultra-Thin Corn Tortillas)
- Fresh Pico de Gallo, for Garnish
- Diced Avocado, for Garnish
- Suiza Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, (Recipe link in notes section) or Hatch Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- ¼ Cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- Make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. (Recipe link in notes section)
Suiza Sauce Directions:
- Combine 2 cups of the Roasted Tomatillo Salsa and ¼ cup low fat sour cream. Mix until well blended.
Enchilada Stuffing Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add chicken mixture to skillet. Season with a dash of chili powder and cumin. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup Suiza sauce, 1 cup leftover liquid from crock pot, mix well, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with nonfat cooking spray and place in a zip-lock bag. Microwave 40 seconds. This will help the tortillas be flexible for stuffing.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Measure out ½ cup shredded cheese.
- In one hand, hold a tortilla and with the other hand add in the chicken mixture, top with a sprinkle of cheese, roll up tight, then add to the casserole dish. Continue until all enchiladas are rolled.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining Suiza sauce, sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition is based on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program guidelines. Nutrition calculated using Weight Watchers calculator. NUTRITION: Serves 7, 2 Enchiladas Per Serving- (7 SmartPoints Per Serving) CALORIES: 208 FAT: 10 SATURATED FAT: 5.8 CARBS: 17.1 FIBER: 2.7 SUGARS: 2.2 PROTEIN: 12.4
Looking for more Mexican Inspired Recipes? Click here to find all the delicious-ness!
Helpful kitchen tools to make this recipe:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!